Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 17: Cappadocia (July 16)

This would be my third and final day in Cappadocia. I probably could have done more on this day, but I decided not to. The truth of the matter is that I had been traveling for 17 days straight without much rest. I was exhausted and frankly tired of traveling (I never in my life thought I would ever be tired of traveling). After 17 days of it though, it is definitely possible.

At any rate, the plan for the day (my last in Cappadocia) was to hike the Pigeon Valley to Uchisar (I figured the hikes would be as awesome as the first day). Basically, nothing remarkable happened. I started hiking and made it about a third of the way through the valley. The trail was not well-marked and I eventually got to a point where I could not go further. I had lost the trail and could not find my way. I also twisted my ankle or did something. It was sore and painful to walk. I decided to turn around and walk back to Goreme before I got lost. I went back to the hostel. I stayed in the hostel for the rest of the afternoon until it was time for my overnight bus to Trabzon. I was tired of traveling and enjoyed hanging out with the Turks who worked in the hotel. I had quite a few fun games of backgammon! :)

i still managed to get some cool pics of the short hike I did take in the two hours I did hike.







I rode the bus overnight. It sucked as usual but after a 12 hour trip I had gone from central Turkey to the beautiful Black Sea region once again to meet Husniye. I would be staying with her for almost 2 weeks, spending my remaining days in Turkey with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment